Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby Names

So a person who was born to a female sibling of my father's is now a few months away from bringing a new little one to this planet. In short, my cousin is expecting a baby! And while I am sure all 3 of my readers will join me in congratulating her and wishing her all the best, we have a more important task at hand...naming the new little chap/female chap.

I already came up with Shohit and Rolpa for a boy or a girl respectively. How did I come up with these you say? Well my creativity is well known and since Shilpa and Rohit are the names of my cousin and her husband I was able to cleverly come up with those names. While those are in the running, here is a list of some more for them to choose from. I have included in parentheses the profound reasoning that I employed to come up with this list.

As always, feel free to comment below and add to this list.

1. Ivan Dmitrich (not a very typical Indian name)
2. Monkeyna (has a typical Indian female name ending and an English beginning...I like hybrids)
3. Tuts (not an abbreviation for an Egyptian king but rather an abbreviation for the Indian word for poop...Tatti)
4. Hero (pretty self explanatory)
5. Fajiti (not a female fajita but rather the Marathi word for a quandry)
6. Modem (I'm just having problems with mine)
7. Joe (I ate at his restaurant this afternoon)
8. Chakri (the name of my first hard drive...I've always been selfless and I will allow this name to be taken from me)
9. Sindri (this is what Bjork named her son...who can argue with that? Plus it's a good way to support the Icelandic economy)
10. Abisko (where I'll be 31/1/2009-1/1/2010)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its really all about the pat (pet) name.
So lets see if we have a winner-
1. Ivan the Great (a little long, but sounds noble and fierce all in one)
2. Monkey (there is no beating that)
3. Tuts (serves a dual purpose-name and pet name)
4. He (hmmm might be confusing if its a she)
5. Marathi is not my forte
6. Mod (quite mod/hip)
7. Joe just remind me of this joke:
What is the opposite of Jogeshwari?
Jogesh-dont-worry
8. Chak/chaks (that might make the girl or boy an it hmmm)
9. Sin-sin, sind, sindhi curry (this has versatility)
10. Abisko if its a boy, Abcissa if its a girl...pyaar se A-B-BABY.

Now you may pick

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Rhonda said...

Awesome blog. To help you and others out. Click here for unique baby names.