Monday, February 23, 2009

Lessons from the Oscars

So quick follow up to the post below...

1. I should have bet mad money on the Oscars

2. Anil Kapoor needs to chill out

3. Hugh Jackman can be funny

4. Mickey Rourke is a disco dancer

5. A.R. Rahman is small and likes to run off stage

6. Kate Winslet is beautiful

7. The awards are moving away from Americans

8. Big drums always sound cool

9. Japanese winners make the best speeches ("Sank you my pencil")

10. Movies set in the Victorian era will win you an Oscar for costume design

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Side note on point 6, there's a great episode of Extra's, the first one in fact in which Kate Winslet stars. In the episode she claims to be doing a Holocaust film because it guarantees you an Oscar. I haven't seen the movie, and I'm not sure if her performance is Oscar worthy but it sure proves Ricky Gervais right. She should give him her Oscar.

Also why are the Oscar's the last of the award ceremonies? What does " The Academy" even do that makes it oh so special? More like lazy cause they just like to rip off the other lists (Globes and BAFTA) and either choose something random for the shock element or just go with the flow. Maybe Ricky Gervais is the leader. I'm on to you (But if you ever want to give me one I'd be gracious - my first movie will be out in five years).