Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shopping = Fun?

I like to shop. A lot. There, I said it. And I'll say it again - I like to shop. In particular, shopping for shoes, jeans, music, books and electronics fills me with joy and happiness. Killing an hour at a music store is too easy. Same with electronics or books. Finding a good pair of shoes or jeans can be quite rewarding.

However, while the product that you're shopping for can often make or break the entire shopping experience, here are a few other things that could do the same:


Break:

1. Snooty store workers
This is probably one of the things I hate the most about going to a good store. Nine times out of ten the people working at the store act like you're doing them a favour by buying stuff from their store. Um, last time I checked, kind sir, I was a twenty-something buying stuff from your store and you were a fifty-something that still worked on the floor of a retail store. Yeah. And what?

2. Bathrooms that are hard to locate
This one is for department stores in particular because I know they almost always have bathrooms. The last thing I want is to be tortured by poor signage at a store when I know they have a bathroom. Don't tease me. Show me where your bathroom is. Show me now. Thanks.

3. Carry bags that are unwieldy
Often times stores sacrifice practicality for aesthetics when it comes to the bags that they give you. The bags look cool and all but are either difficult to carry because of some weird design or are incredibly uncomfortable to hold because of the material that they're made from. NTY. No, Thank You.


Make:

1. Water bottles
Some stores have lying around, or give you, bottled water. These stores definitely get bonus points. Costs them nothing but it earns them a gold star. I like free stuff. I'll drink the water even if I'm not thirsty and the fact that it's free makes it taste better. If you think water has no taste, your taste-buds are dead.

2. Tissue
Having clothes wrapped in tissue or buying shirts or socks or whatever with tissue sheets in between them make me happy. Why? Because...I like crinkling it so it makes that rustling noise. Don't feign bewilderment. I know you do it too.

3. Unexpected discounts
Buying stuff that you know is on sale definitely has its advantages but have you ever gone to the cashier and had them scan the item and tell you that it's a further __% off? I have. And it's wonderful.

No comments: