Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sung Un-Heroes Part 2

I've recently started paying attention to song lyrics and it's quite an amazing concept. I mean, the words have meaning and stuff. It's not just a mere collection of alphabets that rhyme and go with the beats in the background. So anyway, I found that some lines stuck more so than others and although most people have been paying attention to lyrics longer than I have, I wonder if you caught all of these...

(Part 1 can be found here)

1. Digging in the Nose by The Noble Savages
"When you take your fingah, you don't wanna lingah"
Practical advice...while picking your nose is often rewarding, you don't want to do it for too long lest you get caught. It's fun to do and all that but less so if you're a spectator to the event.

2. Roses by Outkast
"Roses really smell like poo-ooh-ooh"
Quite bitter these guys can be. Quiiiiite.

3. Ninja Rap by Vanilla Ice
"Have you ever seen a turtle get down?"
The more important question here is...Do you really want to?

4. Joan of Arc by David Guetta
"Don't say nothing
Love in the fall
God saint child
Don't you miss of it all"
This is one of the many lyrical masterpieces that comprise David Guetta's list of records. I found myself singing along to one of his songs a while ago and then paused for a sanity check and asked myself, "Wait, what does that line actually mean?" and thus began a long journey of discovery that lasted a few decades where blood, sweat and tears were shed only to realise that this chap is no philosopher but a rhymerofwordsthatdontmakesensewhenputtogether. I slept soundly that night.

5. 99 Red Balloons by Nena
"Everyone's a super hero
Everyone's a Captain Kirk"
Myself included.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"You are my chiken fry, you are my fish fry, kabhi na kehena kudiye bye, bye"